College of Economics, Management and Information Systems
Credit Hour Price
Total Credit Hours
One Semester Cost
Total Cost with Foundation Year + 1952 OMR
Expected Studying Years (15 Credit Hour per Fall / Spring Semester)
5 to 5.5
Extra Information: Diploma and Bachelors in Accounting
1- Program overview:
The accounting major combines theory and practice to prepare students for analysis of and reporting on the economic activities of organizations and communication of that information to decision makers. Accountants are the middle-men between business activities and decision-makers. The major prepares students for a range of accounting careers in profit, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
2- Program Mission Statement:
To develop skilled, innovative, principled and ethical business leaders with a global perspective who are sensitive to the local community needs and values, through a career training system administered by caring, professional and experienced faculty and administration.
3- Program outcomes:
• Demonstrate an in-depth integrated knowledge of the business environment, business systems and their functions to be able to possess the analytical and quantitative skills in accounting.
• Demonstrate communication, critical thinking, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with people from diversified backgrounds.
• Demonstrate the ability to synthesize acquired knowledge and skills to understand the Oman economy, society and culture, their relationship to the rest of the world and the underlying challenges to be effective leaders and problem solvers.
• Demonstrate the ability to use advanced and specialized accounting tools to be able to come up with effective solutions to real-world problems.
• Demonstrate the ability to solve accounting problems in a creative and innovative way using different research methods and techniques to be able to develop their professional knowledge and skills in Accounting.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the arts and sciences to understand its implications in human behavior and society as applied in the working environment.
• Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior in practice of the accounting profession equipped with strong sense of responsibility and high moral standards.
• Demonstrate self-directed learning skills to become independent and self-motivated life-long learners.
4- Career Options:
A career in accounting offers stimulating and challenging work in a field that is constantly evolving. There are countless career opportunities in accounting, including:
Certified Public Accounting
5- Typical Employers
Banks and Financial Institutions
Organizations in a wide range of industries in virtually every sector of the economy
Minimum Requierments: شروط القبول في التخصصات كلية الهندسة والعمارة :
• أن يكون المتقدم للبرنامج حاصلا على شهادة بكالوريوس في الهندسة الكيميائية أو ما يعادلها من جامعة معترف بها.
• أن يكون المتقدم حاصلا على معدل تراكمي لا يقل عن ( 2.50) من ( 4.00).
• على المتقدم للبرنامج تقديم ما يثبت مستواه في اللغة الانجليزية قبل بداية البرنامج ( 530 نقطه في امتحان ال TOEFL أو 6 في امتحان الIELTS ).