The library has hundreds of thousands of scientific information resources in both printed and electronic formats and in different types including books, periodicals, journals, audiovisual... etc. An information resources means any innovative work, performance, or sound recording in all; cultural, scientific, technical areas. All library information resources are protected by Omani Law for the Protection of Copyrights and Neighboring Right (2008). Use of these resources is also subject to the terms of licenses agreed between the library and the publishers. Thus, library users are allowed to copy, print, scan, download or save these resources for educational, research or personal purposes, in line with the limits and conditions set out below:
Firstly: Conditions for paper resources (printed):
- It is not allowed to photocopy or scan more than 10% or one chapter (whichever is greater) of a book or thesis, plus any associated endnotes or references.
- It is not allowed to photocopy or scan more than one article from each issue of a journal or a periodical.
- It is not allowed to photocopy or scan more than 10 pages of a poem, short story, or other short literary work.
- It is not allowed to photocopy or scan more than 10% (maximum 20 pages) of a short book, report or pamphlet.
- It is not allowed by any means to photocopy or scan full book, thesis or full issues of a journal.
Secondly: Conditions for Electronic resources:
- It is allowed to download save, or print out electronic resources for educational, scientific and research purposes
- It is allowed to share these resources between the university faculty staff and students and make them available within the university educational platforms.
- It is not allowed to do systematic or automatic downloading, printing or saving of electronic resources by use of specific software.
- It is not allowed to distribute the library electronic resources beyond the university community or post them to websites or social networks.
Thirdly: General conditions for all library information resources:
- All the library resources are accessible for educational, scientific and research purposes
- Library information resources must not be used for commercial purposes or resold in any way.
- It is not allowed to enable or share your own username and password or university ID with other people in order to allow them use library resources.
- It is not allowed to remove or alter any copyright information, including the title, the author name or other information identifying the information resource.