Dr. Hussein Abdulqader Professor - Dean of College of Engineering and Architecture Electrical and Computer Engineering. College of Engineering and Architecture
Office Location: 5D-26.
Time at UoN: Since 2008
Teaching Experience: 35 Years
Ph. D. Electronics, INPG /Grenoble/France , 1982
M. Sc. Electronics,, INPG /Grenoble/France , 1979
B. Sc. Electronics and Communications, Mosul University, Iraq, 1975
ELECTRONICS I, ELECTRONICS FUNDAMENTALS RELATED TO ELECXTRONICS DEVICES , DIODE TRANSISTORS AND INTEGRATED CIRCUITS. PRACTICAL APPLICATION ABOUT THE REGULATED DC POWER SUPPLY AND THE AMPLIFIER APPLICATIONS, MANY SEMSTERS
ELECTRONICS II, CONTINUATION OF ELECTRONICS I , IT MANAGE WITH AMPLIFIER FREQUENCY RESPONSE AND APPLICATIONS OF POWER AMPLIFIERS . tYPES AND ANLYSIS OF FEEDBACK SYSTEMS ARE ALSO CONSIDERAED , MANY SEMESTERS
DIGITAL ELECTRONICS, SWITCHING CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ELECTRONICS DEVICES , DIGITAL APPLICATIONS OF SOME INTEGRATED CIRCUITS , ANALOG TO DIGITAL AND DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERSION SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS . MEMORY STRUCTURE AND ORGANIZATIONS ARE ALSO CONSIDERED, MANY SEMESTERS
- Research Interests
Electronics and Microelectronics
Solar Energy Systems
1. 2018 “COMMUNICATION-COMPUTER-CONTROL (3C) SYSTEM FOR PROMOTING DEMAND SIDE MANAGEMENT”, International Journal of Science & Engineering Development Research , Volume 3 , Issue 4 , April 2018 ,pp 21-28 .
2. 2012 “Load Forecasting for Power system Planning and Operation using Artificial Neural Networks at Al Batinah Region “ Journal of Engineering Science & Technology (JESTEC) School of Engineering, Taylor’s Volume 7, Issue 4, Page 426 – 574
3. 2008 “BJT Fabrication using Laser Assisted Spin-On-Doping Technique”, Journal Of Electron Devices, France, Vol.6, 2008, pp. 197-202
4. 2006 A simple approach for Characterizing the Pattern of an Array Antenna``, Engineering and Technology Journal Vol.2 No.2, Published by i- manager ,India
5. 2003 ``Nonvolatile Memory Structures Using Silicon Monoxide Layer”, Brunie Darussalam Journal of Technology and Commerce, Vol.3, No.1 ,
6. 1996 ”Characterization of In-doped CdTe thin film “ ,Mu`tah Journal Vol.11 No.5, p.207-218 , Mu`tah University –Jordan
7. 1994 Electrical and optical characteristics of MIOS and MIMOS structures “, Mu`tah Journal Vol.9 ,No.3 , ,p. 271-284 ,Mu`tah University – Jordan
8. 1994 ”Charge trapping in MIOS memory structures under positive and negative biasing International Journal of Electronics ,Vol.76 ,No.2 , p. 246-255
9. 1992 Thin film CdS diodes and their space charge injection behavior “, Journal of Engineering and Technology Vol.11 No.4, University of Technology, Iraq
10. 1991 ”Information storage capability of thin film devices “, Journal of Engineering and Technology , Vol.5 annex No.10,University of Technology –Iraq.
11. 1988 ”Substrate bias generator, its importance and characteristics in VLSI circuits “, Modeling, Simulation and Control, A, Vol. 15, No.4
12. 1986 ”Computer Aided Layout design for integrated circuit fabrication “ ,Symposium on industrial applications of micro and personal computers ,Scientific Research Council, Baghdad –Iraq
1. 2005 Instrumentations and Measurements (E-Learning Course)
2. 1987 Semiconductor Devices, Physics and Technology/ Translation to Arabic
Conference or Workshop:
1. 2018 “FULLY AUTOMATED MOTION CONTROLLED STREET LIGHTING SYSTEM” Eighth National Symposium on Engineering Final Year Project, College of Engineering, University of Nizwa
2. 2018 “Maximizing the Effectiveness of Solar Energy System by the Integrated Passive Cooling Strategies of Nizwa Eco-House” International Conference for Sustainable Design of the Built Environment (SDBE 2018)
3. 2015 “ Effects of Solar Panel Position and Environmental Conditions on Solar Energy Production” Conference on energy Challenges in Oman ECO’2015 Salalah, Sultanate of Oman
4. 2015 “Solar Energy at University of Nizwa’s Eco House: Analysis and Measurement” Conference on energy Challenges in Oman ECO’2015 Salalah, Sultanate of Oman
5. 2014 “SMOKE DETECTOR AND FIREFIGHTING SYSTEM”, Forth National Symposium on Engineering Final Year Project, College of Engineering, University of Nizwa.
6. 2013 “DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY (UPS)” Third National Symposium on Engineering Final Year Project, College of Engineering, University of Nizwa.
7. 2013 “DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN H-BRIDGE CIRCUIT TO CONTROL DIRECTION OF DC MOTOR”, Third National Symposium on Engineering Final Year Project, College of Engineering, University of Nizwa.
8. 2012 “On The Large-Signal Modeling Of AlGaN/GaN Devices Using Genetic Neural Networks” Proceedings Of The 7th European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference
9. 2012 “Dynamic Short Distance Estimation Using Ultrasonic” IEEE Business Engineering and Industrial Applications Colloquium 2012,
10. 2012 “Load forecasting for Power System Planning Using Fuzzy-Neural Networks” International Conf. of Computational Intelligent Systems www.iaeng.or / WCE2012.ICCIIS_S
11. 2011 A Genetic Neural Network Modeling of GaN HEMTs for RF Power Amplifiers Design” IEEE International Conference on Microelectronics, Paper ID: 94, Tunisia
12. 2010 MIOS Memory Devices and Their Charge Storage Properties” 2010 International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems & Applications, ICEDSA, 12-13 April 2010, Kuala Lumpur ,Malaysia
13. 2010 “Design of Engineering Curriculum Considering sustainable Development Role” International conference on Engineering Education ICEE , 18-22 July 2010 , Poland.
14. 2008 `` Design and implementation of RFID system`` Fifth International multi conference on systems signals and devices IEEE SSD08,
15. 2006 `` Thin Base Bipolar Transistor Fabrication Using Excimer Laser Assisted Spin-on Doping Techniques`` Sixth International Philadelphia Engineering Conference ,IPEC2006 , Amman Jordan
16. 2006 Fabrication and Characterization of Double Oxide High Voltage High Temperature Poly-Si Thin Film Transistors`` Fourth conference on Scientific Research Outlook & Technology Development in the Arab World (SRO4), Damascus, Syria
17. 2006 ``Wireless Smoke Detector`` Fourth conference on Scientific Research Outlook & Technology Development in the Arab World (SRO4), Damascus, Syria.
18. 2004 An Efficient Visible and Near IR Photo detector” ,Third Arab Symposium on Scientific research and Technological Development in the Arab Word ,Riyadh ,Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
19. 2001 Opto-thermal characterization of CdS/CdTe Structures”, Sharjah Solar Energy Conference, , University of Sharjah, UAE.
20. 2000 Optimum design of 1Mbit SRAM circuit using sub micron CMOS technology “ ,the 2nd Middle East Symposium on Simulation & Modeling MESM 2000 , Philadelphia University , Amman –Jordan
28. 1989 “Uniformity and Thermal characterization of Al-CdS-Al structures at different temperatures “ ,Fifth Scientific Conference ,Scientific Research Council , Baghdad –Iraq.
29. 1987 ``Effect of deposition conditions on the optical properties of CdS Thin Film “International AMSE conference on modeling and simulation, Karlsruhe (west Germany), Vol.2A
30. 1987 ``Electrical properties variation of CdS thin film with deposition conditions and film thickness “ ,First regional Symposium on Material Science in the Arab Status, , Alexandria University, EGYPT
31. 1986 ”Thermal analysis of VLSI HMOS circuits “ Forth scientific conference ,Scientific Research Council ,.Baghdad-Iraq.
32. 1985 Scaling down effect on the performances of VLSI HMOS circuits “ Iraqi Conference on Engineering Baghdad-IRAQ .
Membership in Professional Bodies
2018-Present: IAENG INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ENGINEERS
2017-Present: International Computer Science and Engineering Society (ICSES)
1976-Present: IRAQI ENGINEER ASSOCIATION
* Chairman: National Symposium (Engineering)
* Reviewer: International Computer Science and Engineering Society (ICSES) Transactions/2018
*Reviewer: Master of Science in Electrical Engineering…
National University of Science and Technology
*Reviewer: Renewable Energy Research, Science PG , USA /IEEE Industrial Electronics and Applications Conference.IEACon2016/nternational Journal of Electronics , Taylor & Francis/International Journal of Sustainable and Green Energy, Science PG, NY USA/IEEE 7th International Conference on Engineering Education (ICEED2015 Dr Hussein Faculty CV-ABET.pdf