Dr. Said Al-Khalasi is a specialist in Animal production and nutrition. He has over 22 years of experience in extension, research, teaching and in processing and formulating animal feeds.
Doctor of Philosophy in Animal Nutrition ، University Putra Malaysia، 2018، Effects of Feeding Raw and Treated Meskit `` Prosopis juliflora (Sw.) DC.`` Pods to Omani Sheep``.
Master of Science in Animal and Veterinary Sciences ، Sultan Qaboos University, Oman، 2009
Bachelor`s degree in Animal Science ، Sultan Qaboos University
Bachelor`s degree in Islamic Studies ,2019، College of Shari`a Sciences, Sultanate of Oman
Diploma degree in Shari`a Sciences,2016، College of Shari`a Sciences, Sultanate of Oman
الانسان والبيئة BIOL 351، 2022
BIOL104 أفلاج عمان ، 2023
- الاهتمامات البحثية
• Evaluation of chemical composition and nutritive values of different types of animal feeds. • Studying the effects of feeding agricultural by products-based feeds on the growth and performance of Omani livestock. • Determination of meat and carcass quality of livestock. • Investigate the effects of feeding different types of feeds on the health status of animals. • Formulating animal and poultry feeds from different types of local agricultural by-products. • Studying rumen microbiology to investigate the effects of raw and treated feeds on the type and population of bacteria and protozoa in the rumen. • Histological studies on the effect of non-conventional feeds on kidneys and livers. • Investigation of anti-bacterial activity of raw and treated feed resources.
Antimicrobial activities of plants extracts on pathogonic microbs.
- العرض في المؤتمرات
International conference ``Management of Salt-Affected Soils and Water for Sustainable Agriculture`` 11-14/1/2010. Participated in a Poster and Presentation on, Effects of salt tolerant forage crops on performance, carcass, meat quality, and health of Omani sheep.، 18/10/2022
Workshop on ``Production and Utilization of Salinity Tolerant Forages`` In Collaboration with International Center of Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA) 29- 30/3/2009, Directorate General of Agriculture and Livestock Research (Rumais), Oman.
- حضور المؤتمرات
International conference ``Management of Salt-Affected Soils and Water for Sustainable Agriculture`` 11-14/1/2010. Participated in a Poster and Presentation on, Effects of salt tolerant forage crops on performance, carcass, meat quality, and health of Omani sheep.
1. Al-Khalasi S, Mahgoub O (2018) Carcass and Meat Quality Characteristics of Omani Sheep Fed Diets Based on Raw or Processed Mesquite (Prosopis Julifiora) Pods. J Vet Sci Ani Husb 6(2): 206
2. Al-Khalasi, S., Mahgoub, 0., Yaakub, H. & Yasmin E. (2016). Antibacterial Activity of Raw and Processed Meskit (Prosopis Juliflora) Pods` Extracts. International Journal of Recent Science Research. 7(5), pp. 10877-10881.
3. Al-Khalasi, S., Mahgoub, 0., Yaakub, H. & Mohammed, T. (2016). Effect of Feeding Raw and Treated Meskit (Prosopis juliflora) Pods on Serum Biochemistry and Histopathology of the Liver and Kidney of Omani Sheep. Elixir International Journal, Hormones and signals, 92, (16), 38753-38757.
4. Al-Khalasi, S., Mahgoub, 0. & Yaakub, H. (2015). Management of Meskit (Prosopis juliflora) Tree in Oman: The Case of Using Meskit (Prosopis juliflora) Pods for Feeding Omani Sheep. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Science Index, Animal and Veterinary Sciences, 9(1), 166-168.
5. Al-Khalasi S. Mahgoub O. Kadim T. Al-Marzouqi W. Al-Rawah S.(2010). Health and performance of Omani sheep fed salt-tolerant sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) forage or Rhodes grass (Chloris gayana) Small Ruminant Research, 91 (1) , pp. 93-102.
1. 2023 Mesquite pods as animal feed
2. 2015 Salt-tolerant sorghum as animal feed
2011 - 2016: • Head of Animal Wealth Development Department, Agricultural Development Directorate, Bidbid, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries (2001–2016).